Camp Rules and Policies
These are the personnel policies all our staff are required to follow while working at our camp:
All campers and staff must follow these rules:
- Someone needs to know where the campers are at all times. Remind campers to tell their unit counselor where they are going if leaving unit or activity area.
- Buddy system: Campers are never to go anywhere out of their unit alone. If a camper needs to get up at night to go to the biffy, remind them to take a buddy. Campers should always tell a staff member where they’re going and who they’re going with.
- Staff do not need a buddy in most cases. If staff are leaving camp property, we recommend they take a buddy. If staff want to go swimming or on the water, they must have a buddy and one of them must be a lifeguard with a certification on file with the directors.
- No running in camp! Always walk.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times, except when in the water.
- Do not go through dish-washing areas or across the Dining Deck. Please go around on the path below the Dining Deck. This is especially important to remember when going to the Birdhouse as medication times often coincide with pre-meal set-up.
- Stay off of the rocks and out of buffer lot areas.
- Stay on the camp side of the trail (this includes all boat docks!) unless with a lifeguard.
- Staff should never be one-on-one with a camper. If staff must talk to a camper one-on-one, they must be in an open space within eyesight of other people. If staff need to accompany a camper somewhere, bring a third person along.
- Every camper and staff must wear their camp bracelet at all times. Each unit should have a bracelet check several times a day.
- Staff should always wear their staff tie around and out of camp to help identify them.