COVID-19 Update and Timeline
Dear Two Sentinels Family,
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, we are working closely with Girl Scouts of Northern California to determine different scenarios that might occur this summer. We want to inform you early on what we’re thinking so you are prepared. We appreciate all of your flexibility, love, and support as we work through this together!
The first thing to know is your safety is our #1 priority. Right now, we are preparing to ensure your safety and still run camp this summer. Our hope is this will be possible, and we know it’s yours too. Our program and location luckily provide us flexibility and time to watch how the COVID-19 situation develops a little further.
Still, we know preparing for camp takes time so we want to tell you now what our plans currently are. As with everything in this developing situation, this could change and we will communicate any changes to you.
June 10, 2020 - Final Camp Go/No Go Date
We hope to know and communicate to you by June 10, 2020 at the latest whether we will be able to run camp as normal, in a modified way, or not at all. The decision will obviously rely heavily on whether it is safe to leave our homes and gather in groups of some size this summer.
Until we can make this final decision, we are operating under the assumption that we will have a full summer of camp. See below for what you need to know to prepare!
April 26, 2020 - Virtual Firefly, Trekker, Superpacker Prep Meeting
Moved to virtual ZOOM meeting. All Fireflies, Trekkers, and Superpackers campers should have received an email with details already.
June 15, 2020 - NEW Health Form and Fees Deadline
Health forms and fees now due June 15 instead of May 15. How do I get my health form signed for camp?
Potential Safety Measures
If we can run camp this summer, we will still need to make some adjustments to ensure everyone’s health and safety in alignment with safety guidelines. Protocols may include:
If We Can't Run Camp At All
We will refund ALL fees including deposits, no matter how late we have to cancel.
We all recognize that we could receive information from the CDC or health department at any time that could mean this is what we need to do to ensure everyone’s safety.
What If I Don't Think I Want to Come to Camp Regardless?
We completely understand if you feel it’s in your best interest to stay home this summer, even if we are able to run camp. Please let us know ASAP if you think camp won’t be an option for you because we still have campers on waiting lists and need to ensure that we have staffing coverage for all units.
Extra Staff Dates/Info
April 24-26, 2020 - New Backpacking Staff Training Weekend Postponed
If we are able to reschedule for a later date, we’ll send details to staff.
May 3, 2020 - New Staff Orientation
Will be held virtually on May 3. Details to come for new staff!
May 23, 2020 - Mandatory Staff Training Weekend Go/No-Go Date
We will inform all staff if we need to swap in-person training weekend (June 5-7) for a virtual online option instead.
A Note About Staff Certifications
Stay safe and healthy!
Two Sentinels Directors
Two Sentinels Directors